Friday, October 24, 2008

You Make Me Sad!!!

We took Elliot to the Pumpkin Patch today for his pre-school field trip. We had so much fun. This was more than just a Pumpkin Patch. There was a corn maze, farm animals, play grounds and those big jumping air toys. Only they don't blow up the air toys until 4:00 pm and we went at 9:30 am. Can you see where I am going with this???

When it was time to leave Elliot was NOT a happy camper and then he caught sight of the jumping air toys. Now Elliot can throw a fit extraordinaire and today was no exception. Screaming accompanied by going completely limp and I think begging was in there somewhere. Up until that point we were having a wonderful time! But once he figured out we were going to the car without the jumping toys he began to unravel quickly.

We managed to get him into the car seat and he started to calm down and be resigned to the fact that we were leaving. His yelling became crying, crying became whining and whining became mumbling under his breathe. Brooke and I got in the car completely exhausted from the ordeal and as I was buckling my seat belt I hear from the back seat, "Mommy makes me sad and Magah makes me sad."

Brooke's question to me was classic - "Now why did we do this?"

No comments:

Post a Comment